COPASA, A SALAMANCA COOPERATIVE OF FARMERS AND STOCKBREEDERS, ENTRUSTS THE DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION AND EQUIPMENT OF ITS NEW CATTLE FEEDLOT TO AVIPORC.
The province of Salamanca is a major producer of beef cattle. It is the Spanish province with the largest number of breeding cows -495,000 head-.
One of the biggest problems regarding these livestock is the lack of places to complete the entire production cycle. This causes a significant gap in the food chain and hinders the balanced development of the livestock sector.
The Salamanca company COPASA, S. Coop. has decided to find a solution to this problem by building and managing sufficient fattening places to close the production cycle, provide a service to farmers and generate greater added value. They also favour the distribution of feed for the fattening of these animals, thus promoting the development of the industry.
COPASA’S NEW BEEF FEEDLOT
For example, for its latest project, COPASA has chosen Aviporc for the design, construction and equipment of its new cowshed in Villarmayor.
CHARACTERISTICS COPASA’S NEW BEEF FEEDLOT
- 700 calves (17 animals per block)
- 3,500 m2 of constructed area
- Prefabricated concrete structure, with semi-porticos and concrete walers on a foundation of footings and reinforced concrete slabs
- Agro-panel roof with insulation
- Reinforced concrete central heels to support the hinges and cleaning of the sheds, and side walls to support the hoppers and straw bins.
- Covered central aisle
- Complete automation of the feeding system
- Borehole, 60,000 litre tank and medication/chlorinator via water supply
- Equipped with lazarette, loading dock, handling chute and recirculator
- Sanitary ford
CATTLE FEEDLOT EQUIPMENT
COPASA’s new beef feedlot has divided the equipment of this project into three main areas:
AVIPORC AUTOMATIC FEEDING SYSTEM
The feeding system consists of four silos, equipped with four weighing kits for silos up to 40,000 kgs, with the APSilos control unit. In addition, this technology allows data to be recorded and reported remotely to the cooperative.
HOPPERS, STRAW BINS AND DRINKING TROUGHS
Forty-two hoppers with sliding lids, tipping stainless steel drinking troughs and rear-door tray straw bins for loading bales have been used for feeding the animals.
ENCLOSURES AND STABLING
And finally, in this section, we use barriers, handling and recirculation corridors in flexible stainless steel material TSE-275, 4mm thick, hot-dip galvanised from the best European manufacturer.